Monday 16 May 2011

Saturday 14 May 2011

Cup final day and the day United land their historic 19th title The tension of a 1-1 draw with Blackburn was too much for me so I spent the afternoon at Broom in Beds. Broom is an absolute top spot for birds and with its flooded pits and islands, it gives me a chance to get out my spotting scope and try and improve my digiscoping skills.

The sky was full of swallows and swifts with the main lake there containing many black headed guls, tufted ducks and mute swans. I was trying to get some decent photos of redshanks and lapwings though. With a strong wind blowing the scope, conditions were difficult. I took 145 pictures and was really happy with none of them. However I got 15 or so that I'll keep. I'll post the best two.

No comments:

Post a Comment